[google-map-sc]A tanker truck overturned on Highway 520 early this morning, spilling hundreds of gallons of milk and closing the westbound lanes for several hours.
The accident happened just before 1 a.m., as the semi was turning onto westbound 520 from I-405, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The truck driver lost control, WSP said, and the truck tipped over and struck a variable speed limit sign. Between 500 and 1,000 gallons of milk spilled onto the highway.
The incident was cleared by 4 a.m., a WSP communications officer said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
WSP is still investigating the incident and possible charges against the driver, a 42-year-old Redmond man, but says drugs or alcohol did not appear to be involved.