Family members have announced a weekend memorial service for 24-year-old David Scheinost of Tacoma, a Department of Natural Resources diver who drowned near Bainbridge Island last week.
His funeral will take place at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Auburn Adventist Academy Church at 5010 Auburn Way S. in Auburn, according to a release from a cousin. Scheinost’s family has also set up an account at the Boeing Employees Credit Union in his name to help pay debts related to his death. Those wishing to donate can do so at any BECU branch.
His cousin, Richelle Risdon, said diving was one of Scheinost’s deepest passions.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Scientists spot rare, mysterious right whales in waters off Alaska
“Though his passing was tragic and premature, friends and family find comfort in the fact that he passed away performing a service to the people of Washington State while doing something he loved,” Risdon said in a statement.