There’s no need to wait until Seattle’s next boat show for a glimpse of a ginormous luxury mega-yacht.
Last week during one of my runs along Lake Union, I couldn’t resist pulling out my iPad from my backpack to make a sketch of the Mayan Queen IV. You can’t miss the huge ship if you are walking, cycling or biking on the Cheshiahud Lake Union Loop on the northwest side of the lake.
A curious passerby pulled out his smartphone to investigate the sleek vessel. It cost $140 million, he said, and it’s owned by Mexican billionaire Alberto Baillères.
According to the Puget Sound Business Journal, the 305-foot ship — the second-largest luxury yacht ever to dock on Lake Union — will be here for a while before heading north.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Seattle leaders look to push 'refresh' button with Amazon
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Body of missing Lynnwood boy, 6, found in dumpster; relative in custody
- Boeing rivals Airbus, Bombardier join forces on CSeries jet seen as threat to 737