The Mega Millions $500 million jackpot is now the largest in U.S. lottery history.
The jackpot reached a half billion dollars on Wednesday, according to The Associated Press.
A winner could get $19.2 million a year for 26 years or a single payment of $359 million. The next drawing is Friday at 11 p.m.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappeared during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends, now found alive
Previously, the largest jackpot was $390 million, won by two players in Georgia and New Jersey in 2007.
Answer the question below and your responses will be added to the word cloud at the top of the page from time to time.
If you’re interested, Tuesday’s numbers were: 9-19-34-44-51 MEGA 24.