A Marine sergeant killed by an improvised explosive device while conducting combat operations in Afghanistan was a 2006 graduate of Seattle’s Roosevelt High School.
William Stacey, 23, grew up in Seattle.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration
The Defense Department announced Stacey’s death Wednesday. He died Tuesday in Helmand province.
Stacey was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif. His current hometown was listed as Redding, Calif.