On Tuesday, July 8, Washington’s first recreational marijuana stores will open. Barring some 11th-hour catastrophe, 10 pounds of marijuana will line the shelves of Cannabis City in Sodo, which is likely to be the first recreational shop to open in Seattle. Owner James Lathrop expects to sell all 10 pounds of pot on Tuesday at $15 to $20 per gram.
Until last week, Lathrop and his business manager had been working as many as 16 hours a day to prepare the business for its first customers. He said Cannabis City passed its two-hour state inspection last week.
Read more about what’s likely to be Seattle’s first recreational pot shop in a story by Andy Mannix.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 3: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- After protests near her home, Seattle police chief asks City Council for intervention; activists dispute claims of ‘illegal behavior’
- Seattle City Council members propose police layoffs but say they can't defund by 50% right away VIEW
- Washington State Ferries grapples with mask requirements for passengers VIEW
- 6 King County beaches closed because of high bacteria levels