On Tuesday, July 8, Washington’s first recreational marijuana stores will open. Barring some 11th-hour catastrophe, 10 pounds of marijuana will line the shelves of Cannabis City in Sodo, which is likely to be the first recreational shop to open in Seattle. Owner James Lathrop expects to sell all 10 pounds of pot on Tuesday at $15 to $20 per gram.
Until last week, Lathrop and his business manager had been working as many as 16 hours a day to prepare the business for its first customers. He said Cannabis City passed its two-hour state inspection last week.
Read more about what’s likely to be Seattle’s first recreational pot shop in a story by Andy Mannix.
Most Read Local Stories
- WA Notify system goes live with COVID exposure notifications for iPhone and Android users in Washington state WATCH
- Coronavirus daily news updates, November 29: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Washington state auditor warns unemployment agency on 'interference' with audits into massive fraud
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Nov. 30: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- How Washington state may have helped flip Arizona blue in the presidential election