On Tuesday, July 8, Washington’s first recreational marijuana stores will open. Barring some 11th-hour catastrophe, 10 pounds of marijuana will line the shelves of Cannabis City in Sodo, which is likely to be the first recreational shop to open in Seattle. Owner James Lathrop expects to sell all 10 pounds of pot on Tuesday at $15 to $20 per gram.
Until last week, Lathrop and his business manager had been working as many as 16 hours a day to prepare the business for its first customers. He said Cannabis City passed its two-hour state inspection last week.
Read more about what’s likely to be Seattle’s first recreational pot shop in a story by Andy Mannix.
Most Read Local Stories
- You return $10,000 found on Issaquah road: Your reward?
- Inslee: Pierce, Cowlitz and Whitman counties must tighten COVID restrictions as Washington cases rise
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 12: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Central District shooting injures 4, including 2-year-old in critical condition, Seattle police say
- Police looking for driver who hit, killed bicyclist near Seward Park