A judge has ordered a man who broke into the Snohomish County courthouse and ransacked a refrigerator to spend 15 months in prison.
EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — A judge has ordered a man who broke into the Snohomish County courthouse and ransacked a refrigerator to spend 15 months in prison.
The Daily Herald reports that the judge also ordered Daniel Hodson to undergo a mental health evaluation.
Hodson broke into the courthouse on May 24 by smashing a glass door with a crowbar. He rifled through a metal cabinet near the entrance before heading to the sheriff’s office.
A woman who went to investigate the noise found Hodson rummaging through the refrigerator. He held a sandwich and a knife.
Most Read Local Stories
- Sound Transit 3: Progress in West Seattle, paralysis in Chinatown International District
- Enjoy Seattle-area weekend weather before next round of heat
- West Seattle Bridge reopening date announced
- Which WA counties saw highest voter turnout in 2022 primary election?
- How to spend less time in Sea-Tac Airport lines for passenger pickup, drop-off
He fled but was later caught by police. He pleaded guilty to first-degree burglary.
In addition to prison time, he was ordered to pay about $1,500 to cover damages.