The man, who has not been identified, slipped and wasn't able to stop his slide before he went over the cliff Saturday night.
BELLINGHAM, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say a 41-year-old man watching a sunset fell to his death off a steep cliff at Larrabee State Park in Bellingham over the weekend.
The Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office says the man, who has not been identified, slipped and wasn’t able to stop his slide before he went over the cliff Saturday night.
Undersheriff Jeff Parks tells The Bellingham Herald that the man fell up to 100 feet (30 meters) and died at the scene.
Parks said the man and his girlfriend were watching the sunset.
Most Read Local Stories
- Want to know what a Seattle tax hike would mean for you? New King County tool helps even renters
- 4 moments from the Rossi-Schrier debate you may hear more about
- Antibiotics in beef: Burger chains are failing the test, except for a couple right here in Washington
- Mysterious paralyzing illness leaves Washington families reeling VIEW
- Judge dismisses NRA lawsuit over Seattle's new gun-storage law
Bellingham Fire Chief Bill Newbold says the girlfriend was also injured but it wasn’t clear whether she also fell or was injured trying to climb down.