The State Patrol wants to speak to anyone who saw a man jump from a Seattle overpass onto Interstate 5 , where he was struck by at least one car late Saturday night.
The 21-year-old Sammamish man jumped from the Boren Street overpass at about 11:28 p.m. and landed on a northbound lane of I-5. Detectives believe the man was struck by at least one vehicle. He died from his injuries.
No vehicles at the scene were identified as running over the man and it is possible the driver who struck the man may not have realized he/she had hit a man, the State Patrol says.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- COVID-19 surge forces health care rationing in parts of West
State Patrol detectives would like to speak with anyone who may have seen the man, or believes they may have struck debris in or near the freeway at that time. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Medeiros at 425-401-7719.