A 33-year-old man died after he was struck by a train in the tunnel north of King Street Station in Seattle this morning, according to Seattle police.
Police said the man was hit at about 4:30 a.m. by a BNSF Railway train that was traveling north.
Fire department medics responded and took the man to Harborview Medical Center, but was reported dead by Saturday afternoon.
Police have not said how the man came to be on tracks, but detectives with the Traffic Collision Investigation Squad are investigating.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappeared during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends, now found alive