The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office has released this surveillance photo of a man who may have information in a hit-and-run accident that injured a motorcycle deputy earlier this month in Everett. The photo of the man described as a “person of interest” was taken in the Clearview area of Snohomish County on the day of the accident.
The accident happened around noon on May 7 at the intersection of Highway 2 and Interstate 5. The Sheriff’s Office said a white 1998 GMC flatbed truck with a “DDS Construction” logo on the door intentionally backed over the deputy during a traffic stop. The deputy was treated at a hospital for minor injuries and released later in the day, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The truck had been reported stolen earlier that morning from a construction site at the 1100 block of Grand Avenue in Everett, the Sheriff’s Office said. The truck was later recovered in Monroe.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
Anyone with information on the man in the photo is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office Tip line at 425-388-3845.