From Tan Vinh, Seattle Times staff reporter
A man was shot in the stomach and hand near a Belltown bar early this morning, Seattle Police report.
At around 2 a.m. two security guards saw an altercation and heard multiple gun shots in a parking lot across from Twilight Martini Lounge and then saw a man fleeing, police reported. The bar is at 2125 Western Ave.
Authorities combed the Belltown area but could not find the shooter and said “witnesses were uncooperative.”
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
The victim was driven to Harborview Medical Center by a friend who also would not talk about the shooting to authorities.
The victim was in surgery this morning and his status is not known. Seattle Police have no description of the suspect and is still investigating.