Seattle police are looking for the gunman who fatally shot and a 30-year-old man just after 5 p.m. at Martin Luther King Jr. Way South and South Walden Street.
The victim was shot in the chest, and later died of his injuries at Harborview Medical Center.
Police believe the victim was shot while in or near a vehicle. The suspect fled and remains at large.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness
The suspect is described as a black male, 5-foot-8 to 6 feet tall, with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a black hat. Police said he fled in an unknown direction.
Police are asking that anyone with information about this slaying or who may know the identity or whereabouts of the suspect call 911 or the Seattle Police Homicide Tip Line at 206-233-5000. Anonymous tips are welcome.
We’ll update this post as soon as we have more information.