A 19-year-old man was shot while in the parking lot of an apartment complex in Kent last night, according to Kent police.
Police were called to the Waterford Apartments in the 23400 block of 61st Avenue South about 8:40 p.m. after getting calls about gunfire in the area.
Officers responding to the call found the man with a gunshot wound to his upper body. He was treated at the scene and then taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. His condition wasn’t available.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened
Police used dogs to search for a gunman, but were unsuccessful.
Detectives are asking for your help. Anyone who was in the Lakes neighborhood of downtown Kent around 8:40 last night and saw anything suspicious is asked to call 253-856-5808.