An argument between the father of a 22-year-old man and the father of his girlfriend ended Saturday evening with the young man being shot and rushed into surgery at Harborview Medical Center, police said.
The man was shot twice in the torso. His condition was not known Sunday.
The incident began shortly after 5 p.m. in front of a house in the 500 block of 26th Avenue South, according to an item posted in the Seattle Police Department blotter. After a reported three to five gunshots, the victim and several other people headed to Harborview.
Officers caught up with the victim and his family at the hospital, according to SPD. Police said the victim’s mother told them her son was shot during the argument between his father and the father of his 18-year-old girlfriend.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Meet Seattle’s 2021 candidates for mayor: A general election guide
Police identified a man in his early 20s as a suspect.