A man was shot this morning at the Car Wash Palace on N.W. 85th Street near Eighth Avenue N.W., but his injury is not considered life-threatening.
Seattle police said witnesses told them the man, described as being in his 40s, was sitting in his car at the carwash around 9 a.m. when another man got in with him. An argument ensued, and a witness then reported hearing a “pop” sound.
The suspect and another person then fled the scene in a gold-colored, late-1990s Honda Accord, driving eastward in the alley south of NW 85th Street.
The victim was treated at the scene by Seattle Fire Department emergency crews for a gunshot wound to his upper body, then taken to Harborview Medical Center.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Washington's mini tornado comes nearly 59 years to the day after Seattle's big one
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases
Police spokeswoman Renee Witt said in a news release, that “information gathered at the scene indicates that this is not a random act.”