Snohomish County sheriff’s deputies are investigating a shooting in unincorporated Lynnwood this morning.
Authorities say a 20-year-old man was standing at a bus stop in the 2200 block of 148th Street Southwest around 7:45 a.m. when he was shot in the back by someone who stopped a car nearby.
Sheriff’s office Bureau Chief Kevin Prentiss said it’s unknown if the victim knew the shooter. After being shot, the man walked to his home nearby and collapsed; his mother called for help.
No arrests have been made.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness