There aren’t many details, but Seattle police responded to call that a man standing along South Cloverdale Street in South Seattle late yesterday afternoon accidentally shot himself in the groin.
The man was apparently hanging around with several other fellows in the 1000 block of South Cloverdale Street shortly before 5 p.m. when his concealed gun went off, wounding him in the groin, according to Renee Witt with Seattle police.
The victim, 31, suffered serious injuries and was taken to the hospital.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
He could face a weapons charge, Witt said in a news release.