RICHLAND — A man running from police was struck by a car and went through the windshield early Tuesday on Highway 240 in Richland.
The injured man was flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The Tri-City Herald reports the driver also was injured and taken to Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland.
The Washington State Patrol says the incident started when police were called to help with a disorderly man at a convenience store. When officers arrived the man ran off and climbed a fence. He was running across the highway when he was hit. It was dark and raining at the time.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes