Seattle police say a man with a gun robbed a pedestrian in the University District Tuesday night.
The man was walking near Northwest 47th Street and 19th Avenue Northeast shortly before 9 p.m., according to police, when another man approached, pointed a handgun at him and said, “Give me everything you got.”
Police said the victim surrendered his backpack, and the robber walked away. The victim saw the robber get into the passenger side of a small light colored car with tinted windows. The car then left northbound.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle's COVID eviction moratorium extended into January 2022
The victim described the robber as a man in his mid-twenties, 5′ 10″ and heavy build, armed with what appeared to be a small gun, possibly a revolver.
Officers conducted a search of the area, but the assailant and the getaway car were not located. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to contact Seattle Police.