The Associated Press
BREMERTON — A man was safely rescued from his burning boat Thursday morning in Agate Passage, between Bainbridge Island and the north end of the Kitsap Peninsula.
A passing boater came alongside for the man, but they were unable to save a dog aboard the 30-foot motorboat, says North Kitsap Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Michele Laboda.
Video from KIRO-TV showed the boat was totally involved in flames.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Wild weather plus terrible Seattle drivers: Stay safe in fall's first big rainstorm
The Kitsap Sun reports a North Kitsap fire boat and Coast Guard boat extinguished the fire with foam and water.