A man walking down the street in the University District Friday night was ambushed and robbed by two assailants.
The incident occurred around 11:30 p.m. in the 1500 block of Northeast 52nd Street. The two suspects jumped out of the bushes and punched the victim in the eye. They took $20 and the six-pack of Dr. Pepper he was carrying.
Two men were detained several blocks away, but were released after the victim was unable to identify them.
The victim’s injuries were not serious enough to require medical treatment.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration