TACOMA (AP) — A man has pleaded guilty in Tacoma to second-degree murder for killing another man in a murder for hire plot.
Pierce County prosecutors say Luis Barker accepted $8,000 from a Gig Harbor woman to kill her son-in-law.
The News Tribune reports that Barker entered his plea Tuesday. Sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 15.
He was arrested in August 2012 after sheriff’s detectives had the woman who hired him, Jacqueline Ray, record Barker talking about what happened the night Leon Baucham Jr. was killed in July 2012.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big snow expected in Cascades — and Seattle may get some, too
- Snow in the mountains, wind gusts everywhere as winter hits Seattle
- Orange barriers are the new Black Friday accessory at Westlake Park
- My Seattle neighborhood had a plywood and GoFundMe kind of Thanksgiving
- Seattle Marathon: Road closures, where to park and weather forecast
Ray pleaded guilty to first-degree murder earlier this year.
The woman told detectives that she asked Barker to kill her son-in-law because she said the man was abusing her daughter.