BELLINGHAM (AP) — Autopsies on three people found dead inside their Bellingham home Monday indicate that Kevin Rowe killed his wife and their 5-year-old child and then killed himself.
The Bellingham Herald reports Whatcom County Medical Examiner Dr. Gary Goldfogel said Wednesday 43-year-old Tanya Rowe and Benton Rowe died from “sharp-force injuries to their necks.”
Goldfogel says 45-year-old Kevin Rowe slit their throats.
Goldfogel says Kevin Rowe died of asphyxia by exclusion of oxygen after he placed a bag over his head. His death was ruled a suicide.
Most Read Local Stories
- There are sprouts of hope in downtown Seattle, but they are wilting
- 1 killed near Cal Anderson Park; 9 wounded in Seattle-area night of gun violence
- Murder-suicide ended Port Orchard shootout, troopers say
- Skyway fights for housing, parks and community at ‘critical moment’
- Fox News runs digitally altered images in coverage of Seattle's protests, Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone
Authorities say the findings are consistent with evidence detectives found at the home. A large kitchen-type knife was recovered in the home and detectives believe that to be the weapon.
Officers were sent to the home Monday afternoon to check the family’s welfare after Tanya Rowe’s mother called authorities.
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com