SEATTLE — Police say a man who fell into the street near Seattle Children’s hospital in Seattle was killed after being struck by two hit-and-run drivers.
KOMO TV reports that the pedestrian was hit by at least two drivers who sped away late Monday on the west side of the hospital, near 40th Avenue Northeast and Sand Point Way Northeast.
Police say the man killed had tripped and fallen into the road.
He was not in a crosswalk area so witnesses nearby formed a blockade to divert other cars so that he wouldn’t get hit again.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl
- Carmen Best, once rejected, is Seattle mayor's pick for top cop. Citizens have 'a lot of questions' about how this went.
- Tiny-home villages are a key part of Seattle’s homeless strategy. So why did one village lack case management for three months?
- Amid worsening financial picture, UW President Ana Mari Cauce returns $95K in deferred compensation
- ReachNow launches ride-hailing app that competes with Uber, Lyft
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are investigating.