Seattle police say a man fired a single gunshot outside Swedish Medical Center/Cherry Hill after being asked to leave the waiting room early this morning.
The man walked into hospital’s emergency room around 1:30 a.m. and went to the waiting room without checking in, police said. Hospital staff determined he was not there for any medical reason and asked him to leave.
The man walked outside, pulled out a gun and fired a single gunshot into the air before walking away, police said. No one was injured.
Police are looking for the man.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- See the competing Washington legislative maps drawn by Democrats, Republicans
- Swinomish tribal members say steelhead net pens violate fishing rights, add their voice to state Supreme Court case