The Associated Press
The Stevens County sheriff’s office says a man is dead after an officer-involved shooting.
KHQ-TV reports that dispatchers received a call from a suicidal man just north Springdale late Friday night. Deputies arrived, a shot was fired and the man was hit.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and a firearm was recovered.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
The deputies involved were not injured and have been placed on administrative leave, per standard procedure.
The Spokane Investigative Regional Response Team is assisting with the investigation.