The Coast Guard says an early-morning paddleboat accident near Burien claimed the life of man.
SEATTLE (AP) — The Coast Guard says a man has died and a woman is in critical condition after their paddleboat capsized in Puget Sound just south of Seattle.
The man was taken by helicopter to Boeing airfield where local paramedics pronounced him dead around 5:30 a.m. Sunday.
Crews found the woman unresponsive in the water. She was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The Coast Guard says it received a call just before 3 a.m. Sunday about two people aboard a 15-foot paddleboat potentially hit by bad weather off Burien, south of Seattle. Coast Guard crews were able to talk to them by cellphone and reported hearing a loud scream before losing the connection.
Most Read Local Stories
- Potential loss of Anacortes ferry 'devastating to this community,' mayor says
- Police looking for killer of Edmonds 7-Eleven clerk
- Tim Eyman violated campaign finance law, concealed nearly $800,000 in payments, judge rules
- Man found shot in sheriff's parking lot believed to be husband of dead Maple Valley woman
- Renton man arrested in death of girlfriend in Olympic National Forest
Crews found the capsized vessel near Seahurst Park.