The Coast Guard says an early-morning paddleboat accident near Burien claimed the life of man.
SEATTLE (AP) — The Coast Guard says a man has died and a woman is in critical condition after their paddleboat capsized in Puget Sound just south of Seattle.
The man was taken by helicopter to Boeing airfield where local paramedics pronounced him dead around 5:30 a.m. Sunday.
Crews found the woman unresponsive in the water. She was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The Coast Guard says it received a call just before 3 a.m. Sunday about two people aboard a 15-foot paddleboat potentially hit by bad weather off Burien, south of Seattle. Coast Guard crews were able to talk to them by cellphone and reported hearing a loud scream before losing the connection.
Most Read Local Stories
- It's austere and uncomfortable. That's precisely the reason the 'Portland Loo' is finding a home in King County VIEW
- Life after deportation: A family with roots in the Seattle region starts over in Mexico VIEW
- ATF supervisor with Nazi tattoo on his shoulder discriminated against black agent, lawsuit claims
- Former Bellevue CEO sentenced to seven years for H-1B visa fraud
- ‘I just bear-hugged her’: Washington woman finds her missing dog after 57-day search in Montana
Crews found the capsized vessel near Seahurst Park.