County rescuers found the man after responding to a report of an abandoned car on Mountain Loop Highway.
A 64-year-old man was found dead Wednesday morning in the woods near Beaver Lake in Snohomish County.
Officials received a report around 8 a.m. of an abandoned vehicle near milepost 43 along Mountain Loop Highway, according to an emailed statement from the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue team.
Deputies searched the residence where the car is registered but didn’t find the owner. The agency sent a K-9 unit to search the area surrounding the abandoned car, and found the man half a mile from his vehicle in the woods, according to the statement. Officers believe the man became disoriented and fell off a steep embankment, it said.
The county medical examiner is working to determine how the man died.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington becomes first state to legalize human composting
- Series of small earthquakes detected in Washington and Oregon
- Waterfront transforming before our eyes as viaduct comes down
- NTSB 'amazed at the amount of failure' by agencies in fatal 2017 Amtrak derailment south of Tacoma
- King County's crusade against 'ICE Air' plays right into Trump's hands | Danny Westneat