County rescuers found the man after responding to a report of an abandoned car on Mountain Loop Highway.
A 64-year-old man was found dead Wednesday morning in the woods near Beaver Lake in Snohomish County.
Officials received a report around 8 a.m. of an abandoned vehicle near milepost 43 along Mountain Loop Highway, according to an emailed statement from the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue team.
Deputies searched the residence where the car is registered but didn’t find the owner. The agency sent a K-9 unit to search the area surrounding the abandoned car, and found the man half a mile from his vehicle in the woods, according to the statement. Officers believe the man became disoriented and fell off a steep embankment, it said.
The county medical examiner is working to determine how the man died.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle's weather will get colder, but will we get snow? Here's what to expect this week
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 19: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Inslee sets goal of 45,000 COVID-19 vaccinations a day in Washington; everyone 65 and older eligible now
- Gas taxes and fees could reach $1 per gallon under new Washington state transportation proposal
- Washington state's website, PhaseFinder tool falter under crush of interest in COVID-19 vaccinations