The State Patrol has identified a 58-year-old man killed in a traffic crash in Renton early this morning as Gilbert D. Bustamante.
Bustamante, of Renton, was driving a 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser South on Interstate 405, exiting to Highway 167, when he struck the left barrier, according to the State Patrol. He was wearing a seatbelt.
There were no other cars involved in the 12:20 a.m. crash. The crash remains under investigation.
“Apparently the collision was pretty minor. It might have been a medical [situation],” said Trooper Julie Judson.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness