The 24-year-old man was struck Saturday evening while crossing 64th Street Northeast. The vehicle that hit him, described as a dark SUV, fled and has not been located.
MARYSVILLE, Wash. (AP) — A 24-year-old man has died a day after he was struck by a hit-and-run driver while walking across the street in Marysville.
KOMO-TV reports the victim, a Marysville resident, was struck at around 7:40 p.m. Saturday while crossing 64th Street NE.
Marysville police Sgt. Pete Shove says the driver of the vehicle that hit him, described as a dark SUV, fled the scene after the collision.
The vehicle was not been located.
Most Read Local Stories
- We may never reach herd immunity on coronavirus — but it probably doesn't matter
- The Seattle area's five most-changed neighborhoods of the decade
- Seattle shrinking? Seattleites moved out in droves in 2020, though most didn't go far
- After fierce debate, Washington State Senate approves new tax on capital gains by one vote
- KOMO lays off employees amid national cuts at Sinclair
The victim was taken to Providence Regional Medical Center’s Colby Campus with life-threatening injuries. He was initially reported to be in stable condition, but on Sunday evening police said he died of his injuries.
Police say the incident is now being investigated as a vehicular homicide.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/