The 24-year-old man was struck Saturday evening while crossing 64th Street Northeast. The vehicle that hit him, described as a dark SUV, fled and has not been located.
MARYSVILLE, Wash. (AP) — A 24-year-old man has died a day after he was struck by a hit-and-run driver while walking across the street in Marysville.
KOMO-TV reports the victim, a Marysville resident, was struck at around 7:40 p.m. Saturday while crossing 64th Street NE.
Marysville police Sgt. Pete Shove says the driver of the vehicle that hit him, described as a dark SUV, fled the scene after the collision.
The vehicle was not been located.
Most Read Local Stories
- FAQ: What you need to do now to keep your ORCA card working
- Unusually wet, cold spring may persist in Seattle
- 'Whole new crisis' for WA long-term care facilities, 2 years into COVID
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 16: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Quick thinking and sign language played a role in downtown Seattle fire rescue
The victim was taken to Providence Regional Medical Center’s Colby Campus with life-threatening injuries. He was initially reported to be in stable condition, but on Sunday evening police said he died of his injuries.
Police say the incident is now being investigated as a vehicular homicide.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/