A homeless man says he did what he had to do to survive when he cut off a dead man's fingers to get a gun believed used in a suicide.
A homeless man says he did what he had to do to survive when he cut off a dead man’s fingers to get a gun believed used in a suicide.
Jerod Reeves and Kimberly McCaffery are accused of stealing credit cards, a gun and other items from the van where the bodies of William Ahrold and his 9-year-old-son, Jackson, were found last month.
McCaffery told KUSA-TV (http://on9news.tv/yR2TFh) on Monday the two were homeless and didn’t have any money.
The two eventually were arrested in Washington state and returned to Colorado. They are charged with tampering with physical evidence, criminal trespass and abuse of a corpse. They were being held on $150,000 bond.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Washington's mini tornado comes nearly 59 years to the day after Seattle's big one
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases
Information from: KUSA-TV, http://www.9news.com