King County sheriff's deputies shot and wounded a man near Auburn while serving an arrest warrant Saturday afternoon.
King County sheriff’s deputies shot and wounded a man near Auburn while serving an arrest warrant Saturday afternoon.
Just before 5 p.m., several deputies, accompanied by Department of Corrections staff, arrested a 27-year-old man outside a home near Trout Lake, according to King County sheriff’s spokeswoman Kathleen Larson.
Inside the home, a second man “confronted” deputies, claiming to be armed, according to a Sheriff’s Office news release. When the man “reached for what deputies feared was a weapon,” the officers opened fire, according to the release.
The man was listed in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center. Sheriff’s deputies were investigating the incident.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world