One man was critically injured and another wounded in a Friday morning house fire in the 8000 block of Fauntleroy Way Southwest, according to the Seattle Fire Department.
One man was critically injured in a Friday morning house fire in the 8000 block of Fauntleroy Way Southwest and a second was wounded, according to the Seattle Fire Department.
The critically-injured man suffered from smoke inhalation and was taken to Harborview Medical Center, the Fire Department said. The second man’s leg was burned.
The two-alarm blaze was caused by candles left unattended on the main floor, fire investigators determined. The fire caused $200,000 in damage to the primary structure and $25,000 in damage to a neighbor’s house, according to the fire department. In addition, the loss of contents was estimated at $50,000.
Five people and a dog were in the house at the time of the fire, according to the Fire Department. The dog was saved.
Most Read Local Stories
- Driver arrested after video shows Jeep plowing into Seattle snowball fight, police say
- Bellevue homeowner recounts 'nightmare' after house slides down hill with wife and dog inside
- What to know about the new website to order free COVID tests
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 18: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots