A man has been accused of fatally shooting a woman in the head at her Bellingham apartment.
BELLINGHAM, Wash. (AP) — A man has been accused of fatally shooting a woman in the head at her Bellingham apartment.
The Bellingham Herald reports 32-year-old Raymond Hamilton Gilbert is charged with first-degree murder and unlawful possession of a firearm in the death of 49-year-old Debra Christie.
Charging documents say Gilbert went to Christie’s apartment on Aug. 20 and shot her after he got angry over a text message conversation with his ex-girlfriend.
Gilbert and Christie knew each other through other tenants at the apartment. Christie had previously called police on Gilbert’s close friend, Barry Williamson, after he allegedly came into her apartment and threatened her.
Most Read Local Stories
- Brazen downtown Seattle attack now a homicide
- After a bit more heat, petrichor — a Seattle favorite — may be on the way
- Cougar sighting causes fatal motorcycle crash near Lake Chelan
- A new walk-on ferry will cruise from Des Moines to Seattle
- Tom Alberg, who guided Amazon and helped shape modern Seattle into a high-tech hub, dies at 82
The charges say Gilbert sent a text message to Williamson after the shooting.
Gilbert turned himself into the Whatcom County Jail where he remains imprisoned.