Auburn police say a 23-year-old man was fatally stabbed early Tuesday when he tried to break up a fight between a couple outside an Auburn home.
A suspect has been arrested and the knife used in the attack has been recovered, according to KING-TV. Detectives say the suspect was not involved in the initial fight the victim tried to break up.
The victim and suspect have not been identified.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
Auburn police said the incident began about midnight when a boyfriend and girlfriend started arguing at a house near 6th Street Southeast and K Street Southeast.
After the argument continued outside, the victim, who lives nearby, went out to intervene.
The suspect came out of the house where the fight began and stabbed the victim, police told KING. The suspect left the scene but was arrested a short time later.