Seattle police have arrested a 27-year-old man in connection after shots were fired outside a Capitol Hill nightclub early this morning.
Officers were called to the 1700 block of East Olive Way around 1 a.m. on a report of gunfire, according to police. They were told that several people got into a fight on the club’s dance floor and the brawl continued after security staff escorted them outside.
Witnesses said one of the men kicked out of the club walked away to get a gun.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
When he returned, he fired one shot into the air, police said. He then pointed the gun at one person and fired, but no one was struck by the gunfire. The front door to the club was shattered, however. The gunman then got into a gold SUV and drove away, police said.
Police stopped a gold 2001 GMC Yukon near the club a short time later, said police spokesman Mark Jamieson.
The driver was detained and brought back to the club, where witnesses identified him as the gunman, Jamieson said. The man was taken to the East Precinct and then to Harborview Medical Center, for an unknown medical condition. Once the man is released from the hospital he will be booked into the King County Jail.
The gang unit is investigating.