The Thurston County sheriff's office says the shooting of an Olympia-area woman by her son appears to be an accident.
The Thurston County sheriff’s office says the shooting of an Olympia-area woman by her son appears to be an accident.
She was hit in the head early Friday and rushed to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia.
Lt. Greg Elwin told KOMO ( http://is.gd/j6Wpfg) the 49-year-old woman was in surgery by 4 a.m.
Her 20-year-old son was interviewed at the scene but not arrested. He was handling a semiautomatic handgun when it fired, hitting his mother who was sitting on a couch with her sleeping 7-year-old daughter.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/