A man accidentally shot himself in the testicles at Lowe's Home Improvement store in Lynnwood Sunday afternoon, police said.
A man accidentally shot himself in the testicles at Lowe’s Home Improvement store in Lynnwood Sunday afternoon, police said.
The man’s handgun, which was in the waistband of his pants, went off at about 12:30 p.m. — an apparent “accidental discharge,” according to Shannon Sessions, a Lynnwood police spokeswoman.
“It made a loud noise and scared a lot of people in the store,” Sessions said. “I believe he shot himself in the testicles and he also had some injuries to his leg and foot. He was obviously in shock.”
Nobody else was hurt and no one appeared to be with the man, she said.
Most Read Local Stories
- German tourists run over, killed at Washington swimming hole
- These mammoth new parking garages speak an inconvenient truth about green-talking Seattle | Danny Westneat
- Driver runs down, kills 2 people at Washington beach
- Highlights of the first Democratic debate: Inslee names the biggest security threat to the U.S., and it isn't climate change WATCH
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee struggles to get speaking time in first Democratic presidential primary debate
Police and fire responded, and the man was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle before police had a chance to interview him extensively. Sessions had no further details about the man.
Lynnwood police are continuing to investigate but “at this point it does look like it’s accidental,” Sessions said.
A manager at Lowe’s said store personnel are not commenting on the incident.