The M.L. King County Labor Council, representing 152 unions and more than 75,000 workers, has recommended that the Washington State Labor Council endorse passage of Initiative 502 to legalize marijuana.
Max Brown, the organization’s political and field director, said the 19-member council voted Wednesday night.
“It’s been a long time since I’ve seen membership organized like this over a single issue,” Brown said.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened