A 29-year-old soldierwho was found dead in his apartment on Friday has been identified by the Thurston County Medical Examiner’s office as an active duty soldier from Maine.
The death of Nathanial Ollis, who was stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, was ruled a homicide, according to the medical examiner.
Police were called to the apartment in the 500 block of Lilly Road Northeast in Olympia shortly after 4 p.m. on Friday by someone who reported seeing the man’s body.
Ollis died of stabbing and slashing wounds to his head, neck and torso, according to the medical examiner.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration