A 29-year-old soldierwho was found dead in his apartment on Friday has been identified by the Thurston County Medical Examiner’s office as an active duty soldier from Maine.
The death of Nathanial Ollis, who was stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, was ruled a homicide, according to the medical examiner.
Police were called to the apartment in the 500 block of Lilly Road Northeast in Olympia shortly after 4 p.m. on Friday by someone who reported seeing the man’s body.
Ollis died of stabbing and slashing wounds to his head, neck and torso, according to the medical examiner.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades