A 23-year-old soldier stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord has died in San Antonio of wounds suffered in the explosion of an insurgent bomb in Afghanistan.
A Defense Department statement says Sgt. Louis R. Torres of Oberlin, Ohio, died Wednesday at San Antonio Military Medical Center of wounds suffered in the Aug. 6 bombing in Kandahar.
He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Stryker Combat Team, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Scientists spot rare, mysterious right whales in waters off Alaska