The woman was shot when, witnesses told police, someone tried to steal her purse.
A woman died Thursday night after she was shot during an attempted purse snatching in South Seattle, police said.
The shooting at 39th Avenue South and South Warsaw Street occurred about 8:30 p.m.
Police said witnesses told them someone tried to steal the woman’s purse, shot her and then fled.
Walking in the city? Walking alone? Seattle police have some tips for staying safe. Read their advice here.
No one has been arrested.
Most Read Local Stories
- Where did Seattle's summer go? Here’s the forecast
- WA gasoline sales drop, lifestyles change amid soaring prices
- Two men dead after trench collapse in Shoreline, fire officials say
- Where should the new light rail route go in Seattle? City Council gives some recommendations
- Is Seattle shrinking or still growing? Depends who you ask