Police said the woman admitted to using a controlled substance.
A female driver was arrested Monday morning after striking a male pedestrian in Seattle’s Rainier Beach neighborhood, police said.
The 33-year-old woman was driving north on Renton Avenue South about 1 a.m. when she struck a man in the roadway near Lindsay Place South, according to a news release from the Seattle Police Department.
The man was declared dead at the scene, police said.
The driver admitted to having used a controlled substance, police said, and was arrested and booked into King County Jail on investigation of vehicular homicide.
Most Read Local Stories
- New data shows how many people in Seattle area, state could have long COVID
- As Microsoft is showing, workers may never come back to the office
- Eight people shot outside music event in Tacoma
- Supreme Court sides with Bremerton coach who prayed on 50-yard line
- Gov. Jay Inslee says WA State Patrol won't cooperate with other states' abortion investigations