None of the people involved in the Olympia fight sustained injuries requiring hospitalization.
It’s a brawl for the ages.
A sucker punch at a table in an Olympia park set off an epic fight among five people last week that was caught on surveillance video, police said in a news release.
About 9:20 a.m. Friday, Olympia police officers were sent to Artesian Commons Park and eventually arrested five people.
The fight kicks off with a punch to the head of an unsuspecting person sitting at a table with others, who then join in on the tussle, which included a propane bottle, pipes, a dog and a 15-pound stone, police said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Brazen downtown Seattle attack now a homicide
- After a bit more heat, petrichor — a Seattle favorite — may be on the way
- Cougar sighting causes fatal motorcycle crash near Lake Chelan
- A new walk-on ferry will cruise from Des Moines to Seattle
- Tom Alberg, who guided Amazon and helped shape modern Seattle into a high-tech hub, dies at 82
The video of the encounter was obtained by The Olympian.
When the first officer arrived, near the end of the 3½-minute fight, he saw three people kicking a man on the ground, police said. The officer ordered the group to separate, but then one man got up and kicked a woman in the head while she was on the ground.
None of the people involved in the fight sustained injuries that needed hospitalization, authorities said.