A 16-year-old was arrested when he turned himself in to Kent police the day after another boy, 17, was injured in a shooting in a McDonald’s parking lot.
Kent police have arrested a 16-year-old boy in connection with a Friday night shooting in a McDonald’s parking lot.
Police responded to the parking lot on Southeast 256th Street about 7:15 p.m., after a 17-year-old boy was shot in the chest during an argument. The victim was stabilized and taken to a hospital, police said Saturday. No other information on his condition was made available.
The suspect had left the scene before police arrived. Police believe the two teens knew each other.
The 16-year-old turned himself in to police Saturday morning.
Most Read Local Stories
- After a bit more heat, petrichor — a Seattle favorite — may be on the way
- Brazen downtown Seattle attack now a homicide
- A new walk-on ferry will cruise from Des Moines to Seattle
- Trump-backed challenger Joe Kent surpasses U.S. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, leaving her on edge of primary defeat
- Cougar sighting causes fatal motorcycle crash near Lake Chelan