The suspect fled from the shooting scene, and police have not released a description.
A 37-year-old man was fatally shot late Thursday in West Seattle’s High Point neighborhood, police said.
Police were called to the shooting at the intersection of 35th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Morgan Street shortly after 11 p.m., where officers found the victim on the sidewalk next to a bus, police reported.
He had been shot multiple times and was taken to Harborview Medical Center where he died, police said.
Police said investigators think the victim and suspect were “involved in a disturbance on the bus just prior to the shooting,” and that both people had gotten off at the same stop prior to the shooting.
Most Read Local Stories
- A tour inside the West Seattle Bridge reveals 'banjo tight' repairs
- 'We are at war': So much for the GOP general election pivot to the middle
- Washington will elect non-Republican as secretary of state for the first time since 1960
- Families of 4 killed in Alaska floatplane crash sue Holland America, alleging cruise company pressures excursion operators
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler concedes primary defeat to Trump-endorsed challenger Joe Kent
The suspect fled. Police have not released a description of the suspect.