A passer-by reported that the victim, a woman, appeared to have been shot inside a home.
Seattle police are investigating the fatal shooting of a woman Tuesday morning in a home in the Madison Valley.
A passer-by called police at about 9:20 a.m. to report that a woman appeared to have been shot in a house in the 2800 block of East Arthur Place.
Seattle Fire Department medics arrived and pronounced the victim dead. The age of the woman was not immediately released.
Homicide detectives are speaking with potential witnesses and collecting and processing evidence found at the scene, police say.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle area has highest rate of feelings of anxiety in U.S.
- What we know about Ballard shooting: All 3 deputies 'probably returned fire'
- Thousands in WA could soon lose Apple Health coverage; here's how to keep it
- How much of King County isn't wealthy? Less and less
- When UW cherry blossoms will reach peak bloom
Teri Rutherford, who lives next door to the house, said she didn’t hear gunshots.
The scene is just south of the Washington Park Arboretum, near East Madison Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way East.